4.16.2008

Try Again

I missed Chippewa last week due to poor weather and I haven't really run much in the last two weeks due to my poor attitude. This Saturday is Trail Mix 25K and 50K. I've committed to being there but I honestly don't feel like going. I'm still going. Joel, always the optimist, pointed out that I'll be well rested. I was thinking I'd just be out of shape and suffer that much more. The 25K might be the better choice at this point but there's no way Joel will let me run that if he's doing the 50K. As it should be. I know it's going to hurt but the pain is temporary and it won't kill me. It should be good for my brain. I need long miles on the trail to get some things worked out in my head.
This will probably be just what I need to really get the season started.

4 comments:

Joel said...

I appreciate that you're "takin' one for the gipper"

If I was able to gut out a 50K on horrific trails, blowing gusts, snow falling either from the skies or the trees, running out of water at mile 26, you can do one on even trails, 60 degrees and a good friend struggling behind you.

Can't wait to have you drive us over on Sat morning.

GRIMEYRUNNER said...

Wow, when you put it that way you're right, how can I not go?!
I'll see you a little before 5:00am. Have some of that strong coffee ready for me.

Anonymous said...

Russian vodka alone cannot possibly account for a visage that tortured. Let us in on what's REALLY going on with you! Can that attractive women in the background with the knowing look shed any light on your maniacal appearance? Bet she can!

GRIMEYRUNNER said...

It really was the vodka. It was the well known brand Ghangis Khan. After more than 24 hours of dizziness we realized I'd had 8 shots in about 3 hours. The disco balls on my head? Nothing to do with Mr. Khan. I wear those all the time.
I'm sure Jen will tell more than I wish she would.