Finally! I can regain my sanity. The trails near my house are open! The snow has melted....mostly. There are still a few shady areas with some icy stuff but for the most part I've got runnable trails again. I rushed home from work last night and headed out for a quick 3 miles with my dog. He's about 12 years old so 3 miles is his limit these days. Jen wasn't real pleased with my decision to take him since she'd just given him a bath earlier in the day. The trails were pretty soft so I came home with mud splattered up to my knees. Tua was muddy up to his belly and as we arrived home he immediately walked into one of the ponds near our house to cool down. OK, so this "pond" is actually a huge puddle in a low spot in our yard. But it's deep enough that if you fell in while drunk you could drown. So with a Red Hook ESB in one hand and a towel in the other I wiped him down as I "hydrated". Don't worry, I was sure to keep at least six feet away from the puddle at all times.
I've been really burned out on running lately. Last night when I got home from the run I realized it was mostly due to having to run on the roads. I am so inspired to run in the forest. I never enjoyed running until I began trail running. It gives me the quiet time I desperately need to keep my head straight. Long miles running in the woods is certainly cheaper than therapy and therefor I can afford beer.
There you have it....trail running - therapy = beer.
4.17.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
my kind of dude!
trail runner + good beer fan.
Red Hook ESB is always a good choice. I would brew more ESB's but average folk tend not to like them.
Wimps
I am jealous you live practically "on the trail".
I knew if I put in a reference to a good Bitter you'd come on-line. If I had to pick a beer of choice it would nearly always be a Bitter.
I'm technically 3 miles from the Ice Age Trail but it's 3 miles of State Park so it's well worth it.
Nice to hear from you. See you at Trail Mix?
Pete,
you're practically a running mathematician.
that's really the only math I can do.
Post a Comment