5.26.2008

May 18 - 24

This was another low mileage week for me. I was still feeling a little run down so I decided to only run what my body felt like and not what my mind thought I should run. So I only ran three days this last week and none of them were high mileage days. Based on how I'm feeling I think it was the right approach. It's good to listen to the body. Training really shouldn't be any different from a race in that sense. During any ultra event we need to be paying close attention to what our body is telling us. It shouldn't matter whether it's a race or a week of training. Rest days are training too.

Monday, 10:35am - IAT from my house, out and back. I set out to do the Monday Marathon thing and felt horrible so it turned into a very slow battle to get home.
11.17 miles in 2:24:17 = 12:54/mile
Avg. HR - 134

Thursday, 7:30pm - Ran the IAT from home again. I ran in a borrowed pair of Brooks Cascadias. They felt great, nice and flexible but with decent underfoot protection. Still feeling tired but improving.
8.01 miles in 1:16:03 = 9:30/mile
Avg. HR - 153

Friday, 7:45pm - Willy O' ski trails. Basically all the same details as yesterday.
6.37 miles in 54:01 = 8:28/mile
Avg. HR - 156

Weekly Total: 25.55

No comments: