1.15.2009

Surrounded By Mountains

It's 11:00pm Mountain Time. I'm sitting in a little cabin in Estes Park, CO....working. It's a bad habit I have. It's this Sales Rep thing. There's always something to do. I just received two new e-mails. Did I mention it's 11:00pm? When I really look at it, it's not really that bad. I had a nice dinner with some good friends/co-workers, had a beer, some vodka. I've got a good buzz going. It's all good. Tomorrow I might even go for a run. Did I metion I'm in Estes Park? Altitude. I haven't run since October so starting up here is going to hurt. There's talk of maybe doing some ice climbing in The Park. The hike in would hurt but the rest would be ok. That is if I liked the cold. I think I'll run. My motivation to climb left me about four years ago so the idea of standing around shivering while belaying and waiting for my turn to climb isn't really that appealing.
I just saw another new e-mail come in. I'm going to go deal with that and then go to bed.
Sunny and warm tomorrow...50's.
Surrounded by mountains.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Pete, the hardest step is the first one. Take the plunge and get a run in. What better place to start than in the mountains, eh? I know I'd be psyched and motivated if I was in Estes Park. Take advantage of the opportunity or you'll regret it!

GRIMEYRUNNER said...

Yep, we've got a run scheduled for later today. Just came back from the local climbing gym...spent about an hour climbing...first time in quite a while. It felt good. I'll run later. It'll hurt but that's fine.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete,

You give me a guilt trip for being hard to get a hold of, you are worse. Are you staying with us next week?

Call or send me an email.

Joel said...

Glad to see you back in blogosphere. I've missed your writing.
I hope you're able to run. I've been doing 30 minutes on the treadmill in the basement. Last night was at 15% incline...to get ready for Leadville! Just kidding. Marty keeps saying NO. :)