1.18.2009

Salt Lake City

10:00pm Mountain Time. I just arrived in Salt Lake City. Once again there's one of those wonderful inversions that seems to be present each time I'm here in the winter. It's kind of smoggy. Almost looks like smoke but burns the eyes and lungs a little worse. It's not as bad as Kathmandu. I can't be there more than two days before my eyes begin to swell shut from the pollution. This, well this will just give me a sore throat and scratchy eyes. If I run it'll have to be inside. It would be nice if I had the time to go up into the hills but that's highly unlikely. The next two days will be a sales meeting for Sole footbeds, then another day of meetings for Marmot, Osprey, Scarpa, and END Footwear. After that, four days of appointments with dealers selling them product for next winter. If I'm lucky I'll get some kind of a bagel or muffin with coffee for breakfast and maybe a little lunch inhaled between appointments, then dinner sometime around 8:00. By the end of the week I'll feel like I've run 15 or 20 miles a day for a week. Of course I won't have the benefit of the cardio work but my legs will be trashed from the hours and miles on concrete. One of these years I'm going to wear a pedometer to see just how much I do walk during these trade shows.
Time for bed. Maybe a little more work first but bed soon.

2 comments:

David Ray said...

What exactly do you do? Sounds like you're going to these great locations but can't enjoy them. That's gotta hurt. I mean, I'm getting frustrated and I'm not even there. :)

GRIMEYRUNNER said...

David,
I'm an independant sales rep for those companies. My territory is the upper midewest. I work with three others so I mainly focus on MN, WI, ND, SD. Normally I get plenty of play time but trade shows are very focused time.