FOMO. Any of you ever hear of this? We all get it. I have it right now. I just went through the medical check, got my I.D. bracelet, picked up my race bag, talked to a few familiar faces, and now I sit in Provin' Ground letting my mind wander. Bad idea, letting the mind wander at a time like this.
I have a serious case of FOMO. Fear Of Missing Out. That's right, I'm reconsidering the race. I knew I would. I just didn't know it would be this strong. I'm freakin' out more than if I knew I was starting. I want to go. I know that if I start I won't be able to quit until someone else tells me I'm done. I have to get this figured out soon. If I'm going to be at the start I have to get drop bags ready. The thing is I don't care if I can't finish. Given that attitude, maybe this is the perfect time to be in the race. Just go with no pressure. Ah crap! I'm freakin' out.
All I can think about is how much fun it was last year. I've apparently forgotten the pain. That's a good thing...I think. Twisted, but good. It's the fun, the excitement that makes me want to be out there. I've got 3 hours to figure it out.
Stay tuned.
8.15.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
anxiously waiting......I guess that means we know what you decided?
get your butt out there and start!
just don't let the lawyer beat you :)
Expecting your next post will state a 29 hour finish!
I was suffering from FOMO on Monday as I quickly emailed my manager asking if there was ANY way at this late notice I could get the Friday off to do Superior (I can't). That takes care of that! Could still do 50 I suppose and drive up Friday night, but I'm not sure yet.
Post a Comment