3.30.2008
Let The Mocking Begin!
OK, Blogging. I admit I've mocked people that blog. Not that there's anything wrong with blogging. Some of my best friends are bloggers. It just seems a little egotistical to think that some random stuff poring from our brains will be of enough interest to just throw it out there into cyberspace and expect people to want to read it. My wife asked me recently when I was going to start my blog...she was hassling me because I suddenly have friends with blogs. (It's not that I suddenly have friends, but that my friends suddenly have blogs.) My running partner, Joel has a blog. Joel's wife Marty has a blog. One of their daughters has a blog. My friends Brian and Vanessa have a blog for their upcoming wedding. Even my 13 year old niece has a blog! I've been finding one persons blog that interests me and then checking out the various blogs that they've linked. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to blogs but I'm certainly finding some enjoyment out of digging around and checking out blogs. So...today I was looking at negativesplit.net and noticed that there was a link to Anton Krupicka's blog, from there I found Krissy Moehl's web site and then a few more, and a few more, and suddenly it seemed like a good idea for me to create my own. So here I am. Blogging. Jen will mock me for some time to come. Fortunately she's out of town for almost a week so this gives me some time to settle into the idea and gain some confidence so I can take the abuse when I finally decide to tell her. I'm sure I'm making it worse than it will actually be. It won't be nearly as bad as the time she went on a spring climbing trip to Red Rocks with a friend and I got bored one day and bought a rather expensive mountain bike. No, it will be nothing at all like that! That was relatively silent anger. This will be a long, drawn out ridicule. Most likely Jen will be the first of many to give me crap about this. It's ok...bring it on, get it out of your system so I can move on to the more important egotistical ramblings of my brain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is great. I'm your first commenter.
Here is my prediction. Jen will ridicule for some time. Then, she will want a blog.
Now, get a subscription field on your blog so I can get your blogs emailed to me.
Oh yeah, now I can add a link to your blog on my blog.
Post a Comment